About Connect Networking
Connect Networking is an association of Office Professionals from organisations which are members of Committee for Ballarat.
Objective of the Network
The general objective of the network is to increase the knowledge/skills of Office Professionals (Office Managers/Co-ordinators, Executive Support, EAs/PAs) so that they are better equipped to provide increased levels of support to business executives.
Four key benefits of Connect Networking are:
1. Networking: establishing and building personal and professional links and relationships between Office Professionals within the Committee for Ballarat network.
2. Personal/professional development: having an opportunity for personal and professional development through presentations from guest speakers, training sessions and forums.
3 Sharing of information: sharing information in areas such as “business tools”, suppliers/ providers, venues for functions, etc to help office professionals in their jobs
4. Knowledge/awareness: increasing knowledge and awareness of companies and organisations, and of projects and activities in Ballarat and the region (including role and activities of Committee for Ballarat)
The network, which is partially sponsored by the Committee for Ballarat, is a loosely-aligned group with functions and activities organised by the Connect Networking Planning Committee.
Connect will meet on four occasions each year eg February, May, August and November – normally at a breakfast or lunch time function.
While the meetings will focus on and encourage networking, at least two meetings per year will provide a professional development opportunity with a guest speaker or another professional development activity.
Connect Networking is delighted to announce that Judy Verlin AM, has accepted an invitation to be its patron.
Judy has had an illustrious career. Following more than ten years in local government (including periods as Mayor of City of Ballarat), Judy Verlin was appointed as Chair of Committee for Ballarat in October 2012.
During her time with local government, Judy was Chair of Regional Cities of Victoria, Chair of Central Highlands Regional Mayors and CEO’s Forum, and Board Member of the International League of Historical Cities Network.
Extremely active in the broader community, Judy is a Board Member of Sovereign Hill and a Member of the Regional Development Australia (Grampians) Committee.
In January 2013, Judy was recognized in the Australia Day honours being made a member of the Order of Australia (AM) for her significant service to the Ballarat community. Later that year, Judy was awarded an Honorary Doctorate by the University of Ballarat (now Fed Uni) for her service to the Ballarat community.
Judy stepped down as Chair of Committee for Ballarat in October 2015 and is now able to devote more time to her other Boards and interests.
A fabulous career! And Judy’s first role was as an EA.
Connect celebrates five years
... and Connect Networking is continuing to provide great networking and personal and professional development opportunities for its members.
Our program has been varied and offered members the chance
- to Connect@Lunch with Judy Verlin AM, Chair Committee for Ballarat
- to visit the new Museum of Australian Democracy at Eureka (M.A.D.E)
- to learn how to dress for success
- to participate in a training session on the changing world of the office professional (and to look at the challenges and opportunities that this presents)
- to take a tour of the City of Ballarat to look at current projects and planned developments as well as to learn more about the event and conference facilities the City offers
- to learn about the value of creativity in the work place
- to hear from our parliamentarians, Sharon Knight MP and the Hon Catherine King MP on their leadership journeys
- to hone skills in Excel
- to learn more about the role of social media in an organisation's marketing and brand development
- to pick up some tips on event management - it is all about the 'wow' factor
See past events for more details.